Re: [xsl] node-set = node-set involving variable fails

Subject: Re: [xsl] node-set = node-set involving variable fails
From: Roger Glover <glover_roger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 14:09:50 -0800 (PST)
I discovered the "nodeset()" extension function in Xalan, so now my joy is
complete, even though my XSLT Recommendation compliance is not.

For anyone who cares, here is what the transform looks like now:
<xsl:variable name="targets">
    <target>target1</target>
    <target>target2</target>
        <!-- ...... -->
    <target>target93</target>
</xsl:variable>

<xsl:template match="/dataset">
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:apply-templates
select="table[ row[ value = xalan:nodeset($targets)/target ] ]"
        />
    </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="table">
    <xsl:message>Table Name:  <xsl:value-of select="@name"/></xsl:message>
    <xsl:copy>
        <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
        <xsl:copy-of select="column"/>
        <xsl:copy-of select="row[ value = xalan:nodeset($targets)/target ]"/>
    </xsl:copy>

=====
-- Roger Glover

   "Have you ever noticed, it's 'a penny for your thoughts',
    but you put in your 'two cents worth'?....
    Somebody somewhere is making a penny."
            - Steven Wright