Re: [xsl] Using Javascript with XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using Javascript with XSL
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 20:56:15 -0700 (MST)
Chitra Lalita Madhwacharyula wrote:
> 	I want to perform a few calcuations based on a few tags in an
> XML document and create a new XML Document using XSLT. 	How can I do
> this ? I thought that using Java script could be a possible solution but
> do not know how to go about it. 	Or is there any other better
> solution for the problem. Can anyone help please ?

Don't try to mess with Javascript before you even know what your stylesheet is
going to look like. First figure out input you have, what output you want..
then you can determine what XSLT you need, just to do the creation of the new
XML based on the input XML.

Then, as for the myriad of ways to invoke the XSLT processor, you'll need to
consult the docs for the particular processor you're using. If you're wanting
to do this all within IE, better ask on the microsoft.public newgroups ...
after consulting the MSXML SDK documentation, of course. Plenty of good info
can be found when you RTFM. :)

   - Mike