Re: [xsl] Missing 'width' attribute, CALS limitation?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Missing 'width' attribute, CALS limitation?
From: "W. Eliot Kimber" <eliot@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:15:30 -0600
G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2002-11-12 03:52 +0100, Gustaf Liljegren wrote:

Am I right in my assumption that to calculate mixed column widths
(proportional and absolute), you need the total width of a table?

This is not right.

You can mix absolute widths (i.e. column-width="5cm") with proportional widths (i.e. column-width="proportional-column-width( number-of-units )") and the formatter will prorate the remaining width of the table for proportional specifications after removing any absolute values.

But you do need to specify table-layout="fixed" in order to use proportional-column-width(). If you want the table to be as wide as possible (the width of the current containing reference area, e.g., the region-body), specify width="100%".

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber, eliot@xxxxxxxxxx