Re: [xsl] Info regarding XSLFO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Info regarding XSLFO
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:29:09 +0200
Satish Kumar.R- CTD, Chennai. wrote:
Sorry to mail in this list.
Why? The list is devoted to xsl and xsl-fo is equal part of xsl like xslt.

1)Please let me know where can I find the schema for XSLFO. i.e I want the
whole list of possible elements, its attributes names & their possible
values in XSLFO.
Generally speaking xsl-fo syntax cannot be expressed in xml schema or dtd as it has too many cooccurrence constraints etc, but reflecting practical needs such schema and dtd do exist (sure they are only approximations while useful though). I mean famous "An unofficial DTD for XSL Formatting Objects" by RenderX[1] and fo schema[2] developed within FOP project (Development of schematron schema for xsl-fo is under way also).

2)Does anyone know how to align text in a <fo:table-cell> centered
vertically.
You can use display-align property[3], see example in Dave's book:
http://www.dpawson.co.uk/xsl/sect3/bk/ch07.html#d0e6231

[1] http://www.renderx.com/Tests/validator/fo.dtd.html
[2] http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/docs/foschema
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#display-align