RE: [xsl] With Saxon7.2, can an aliased namespace prefix be excludedfrom the output?

Subject: RE: [xsl] With Saxon7.2, can an aliased namespace prefix be excludedfrom the output?
From: "Timothy Larson" <Tdlarson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 15:12:39 -0500
Using only one level of meta stylesheet, I agree that it is inelegant
but usable.  The trouble happens when using two levels of meta
stylesheets.  I start getting elements produced with a different
namespace prefix on the ending tag (the alias prefix) than on the
starting tag (the original prefix), among other problems.
Will these types of issues be addressed in the next version?

Tim

>>> michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx 11/14/02 02:46PM >>>
Saxon's output when you use xsl:namespace-alias is inelegant but the
stylesheet that it produces is precisely equivalent to the one that you
want.

It will be improved in the next version.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx