[xsl] Validating XML Using XSD...

Subject: [xsl] Validating XML Using XSD...
From: "XSL List" <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 04:13:48 -0000
Hi All,
I  a newbie to validation of XML via XSD, and I am trying to write a Schema to validate some XML that I am using as part of an application that Iam building.  I have managed to get the XSD to validate the XML successfully.  I am now stuck at a particular point...

I need only to make sure that certain elements and attributes exist within the XML.  I need the XML to be allowed to contain elements/attributes that are not specified within the XSD schema.  Can anyone help me out with this.

An example of what I mean...

I need a schema that would ensure that the XML contained ALL of the following...

<servers>
	<server name="pdc">192.168.0.1</server>
	<server name="bdc">192.168.0.2</server>
</servers>

However, I need that same schema to allow the following...

<servers>
	<server name="pdc" type="exchange">192.168.0.1</server>
	<server name="bdc" type="www">192.168.0.2</server>
</servers>

...here the type attribute has been added, essentially I need the schema to ignore it.

Thanks in anticipation.
Scot.