Re: [xsl] test for blank

Subject: Re: [xsl] test for blank
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:16:25 +0100
contains() tests for substring. If you set the substring to test for to '', the test is also evaluated to true. Furthermore an "else" exists in XSLT, but not for <xsl:if>, but <xsl:choose> and <xsl:when>. You can use multiple (exclusive) <xsl:when>s and <xsl:otherwise>.

<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="string(@value)">
    the value of @value is: <xsl:value-of select="@value"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="not(@value)">
    <!-- no @value found -->
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:when test="not(string(@value))">
    There is nothing to see
  </xsl:when>
</xsl:choose>

Regards,

Joerg

SAL ROSALES Jr. wrote:
I'm trying to test for a value of nothing for with
XSL. I understand there are no 'else' statements
available in xsl so I'm trying to get this to work. I
thought using the not function would work but so far
the only output I'm getting is from the 1st nested if
statement

Here are my if statements:

<xsl:if test="@value">
						<xsl:if test="@value[contains(., '')]">