[no subject]

From: "adrianori@xxxxxxxx" <adrianori@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2002 22:03:20 +0100
Thank you but there are 2 problem.
I'm using MSXML 3 and 4
First problem:
if i write a piece of code as:

<xsl:number count="ms:node-set($cont)/PC/NOME"/>
or

<xsl:number count="$cont/PC/NOME"/>

it says: that there havde to be a NODE TEST and no a variable or a
funcction!

Secondo problem

if i wrote:
<xsl:variable name="cont">
<PC>
<xsl:apply-templates select="PC"/>
</PC>

where the result of apply templater is
<NOME> IBM9</NOME>
<NOME> IBM10</NOME>

and then
<xsl:value-of select"$cont">
it stamp
also ibm9 obm10 and the element "tag" go out!
why this?

thank you for the help!
Adriano

> I NEED TO COUNT THE NUMBER OF NODE "NAME" BUT I HAVE TO DO IT IN THE
> SAME XSL SHEET THAT PRODUCE THEM!
That greatly depends on what NAME
lement generation logic is. I mean
if you
are just copying them as is from a source xml, you can number them in
a source.
General solution can be as follows: transform to a variable, then
convert it
to a nodeset, calculate what do you want and then output. But that
requires
extension function xxx:node-set(rtf) and more more memory for
temporary tree.
+ consider 2 pass solution - first stylesheet did actual
transformation and
second one number your nodes.

--
Prendi GRATIS l'email universale che... risparmia: http://www.email.it/f

Sponsor:
Vuoi perdere peso ed essere sempre in forma?
Clicca qui: http://adv2.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1014&d=1-12