Re:[xsl] XPath 2.0

Subject: Re:[xsl] XPath 2.0
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:12:10 -0500
>Can anyone tell me what build of Xalan supports XPath 2?

At this time, XPath 2.0 is not officially supported by Xalan. There is an
early prototype available on the "xpath20" branch of Apache's CVS server
which includes some (not all) of XPath 2.0's behavior, but this is not an
official build.

When we've got something stable enough that we think the general public
should start pounding on it, we'll announce it... hopefully here, but
definitely on Xalan's mailing list and website.

Remember, XPath 2 is still only a Working Draft, and is still subject to
substantial changes. Nobody can really claim to "support" a W3C spec
before it becomes a Recommendation; the best they can hope to say is that
they are compliant/compatable with the most recent draft they looked at.