RE: [xsl] Element creation

Subject: RE: [xsl] Element creation
From: "Martinez, Brian" <brian.martinez@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 13:46:22 -0700

Perhaps it's a typo, but I noticed your close document tag was missing its
/.  (I can't imagine that is the source of your problem--your parser would
balk at it before the stylesheet ever saw it.)

> XSL:
>
>    <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
> version="1.0">
>    <xsl:output method="xml"/>
>      <xsl:template match="/">
>        <article>
>           <xsl:for-each select="/document/para">
>             <xsl:element name="{style_name}">
>               <xsl:value-of select="para_content"/>
>             </xsl:element>
>           </xsl:for-each>
>        </article>
>      </xsl:template>
>    </xsl:stylesheet>
>
> Am looking for this result:
>
> <article>
>    <title>This is the title.</title>
> </article>

I applied your stylesheet using MSXML 4.0, and I got the desired result.
What processor are you using?

| brian martinez                              brian.martinez@xxxxxxxx |
| senior gui programmer                                  303.708.7248 |
| trip network, inc.                                 fax 303.790.9350 |
| 6436 s. racine cir.                             englewood, co 80111 |
| http://www.cheaptickets.com/                   http://www.trip.com/ |