[xsl] Key and/or grouping questions.

Subject: [xsl] Key and/or grouping questions.
From: "Edward L. Knoll" <ed.knoll@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:46:53 -0700
I have a set of style sheets which have a sever performance problem.
Distilled (hopefully not diluted past usefulness), I am processing a
large set of sibling elements a few elements at a time.   I believe the
problem is with the following statement (which I've changed/condensed
the expression of):

<xsl:for-each  select="/elements[ (position() &gt;= $Start) and
(position() &lt;= $End) ]">
</xsl:for-each>

I was referred to a FAQ on grouping and this led me to attempt to setup
some kind of solution utilizing keys.   Unfortunately, the XSL reference
I have has no information on <xsl:key> and my favorite FAQ has a list of
topics under keys with no corresponding content.  Anyway, my
XSL processor (Xalan) doesn't like my key definition.  Is the
"use" parameter limited from being a numerical expressions?

<xsl:key name="PageKey" match="/gnsl:Results/gnsl:Table/gnsl:Row"
         use="((position() - 1) / $RowsPerPage) + 1)" />

Thanks,
Ed Knoll

--
Edward L. Knoll   Phone (work)     : (719)484-2717
                  e-mail (work)    : f49660c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx