[no subject]

From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:00:04 GMT

 <xsl:value-of select="text()"/>

should return (only) the first text node child of the current node.

entities and character references should all have gone by the time
XSLT sees the input (but at least some versions of msxml have had
problems in this area).

>Which one is right?

The  entity &nbsp; is not treated as text?
It should be the same as doing &#160; or just typing that character
directly, and be merged into the surrounding  text nodes.
If it isn't then it's an msxml bug.

> and how do I get ie to print all the text including
> entities without printing the value of element DOCUMENTREF?

you could try <xsl:copy-of select="node()[not(self::DOCUMENTREF)]"/> to
copy all nodes except that element.

David