RE: [xsl] output method html doesnt work with namespace in source tree

Subject: RE: [xsl] output method html doesnt work with namespace in source tree
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 00:11:52 GMT

Are there some particular browsers, html implementations, out there that
will choke on <br/> for example?

Every conforming HTML system will choke on <br/>

Not least any validator (such as the one at the w3c site which uses a
real SGML parser)

> What is your usage, percentage wise of xsl:output method="html" and why?

Every one of my stylesheets generating HTML uses the html
output. Stylesheets doing xml-xml transformations use xml, and
stylesheets writing text (latex or C code typically) use text. Probably
on balance html is the most common, I'm staggered that you should
suggest it isn't useful.

David