[xsl] xml-source from COM to Xalan XLST-Transformation

Subject: [xsl] xml-source from COM to Xalan XLST-Transformation
From: "Braumüller, Hans" <H.Braumueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 13:12:39 +0100
Hello,

please excuse my limit question to xlst. I hope the answer to following question can help also other people who get start with xalan passing dynamic xml-strings.

I am newbie at server side transformation, java and since several days i try to get run it.

Until now we use Tomcat and java-servlets transporting a COM-string in XML-Format by a java-com bridge to the browser IE6.

I try now with Xalan to do the stylesheet processing and serving html to the browser.

I get it run with static xml and xsl files, but not with the dynamic COM-String.

Any help and a tip where to look at resources and tutorials would be great.

My approach in the servlet:

// p_sXML is coming from JAVA-COM Bridge
// if i copy and save the p_sXML in a file xalan do the transformation
// if i try directly i get following error: java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8 859-1"?>

public String  transform(String p_sXML)
{
    try
    {

	//ERROR:
      //StreamSource xmlSource = new StreamSource(p_sXML);
	//THE SAME AS FILE: OK
      StreamSource xmlSource = new StreamSource(new URL("file:D:/Tomcat_4.1/webapps/ho/disposition.xml").openStream());
      //StreamSource xslSource = new StreamSource(sXSLFile);
      StreamSource xslSource = new StreamSource(new URL("file:D:/Tomcat_4.1/webapps/ho/xsl/disposition.xsl").openStream());
      // Generate the transformer.
      Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslSource);
      // Perform the transformation, sending the output to the response.
      transformer.transform(xmlSource, new StreamResult(out));
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
     System.out.println("transform(): Exception");
     e.printStackTrace();
    }
}

Greetings from Hamburg, Germany