Re: [xsl] schema -> HTML Forms

Subject: Re: [xsl] schema -> HTML Forms
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 18:27:52 +0000
Hi Simon,

> Thanks Jeni. I'm using an RNG (relax ng) schema so I think I'll try
> to roll my own and keep yours as a backup in case I get stuck.

Well done for using RELAX NG :) I doubt that my W3C XML Schema
stylesheet will be much use to you.

> I guess an issue I'm going to hit eventually is dealing with
> situations where a schema allows zeroOrMore or oneOrMore (to use rng
> terms) of a set of items ... if the user wants to add more than I
> provided on the forms there's going to have to be some feedback back
> and forth.

Yes. You can probably do that all client-side.

> Also I notice that you seem to be using javascript for validation ..
> that's cool.

Actually, that's a bit that you can probably reuse, since RELAX NG can
use the same set of facets as WXS.

> Overall though, your code looks at first glance like it's very
> procedural rather than functional/declarative. Was that a matter of
> style or did you find that to be necessary in this instance?

I'm not sure which bits you're referring to, and it's a while since I
wrote it, but I do remember that working through the content model
against an instance document was a particular challenge and I may have
resorted to some "procedural" code to do that. Or perhaps it's just my
style, I don't know. Feel free to email me offlist if you want
rationales for the design of particular pieces of the code.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison