Re: [xsl] 'Problems getting '&' output instead of '&'.

Subject: Re: [xsl] 'Problems getting '&' output instead of '&'.
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 15:05:34 -0700 (MST)
Julian Reschke wrote:
> Mike Brown wrote:
> > Your sample XML indicates that you're using script attributes like
> > onClick. An XSLT processor, when serializing the result tree with the
> > html output method, should be leaving script attributes and elements
> > unescaped. Is it possible that your XSLT processor is not doing this?
> > This should be easy enough to verify.
>
> Interesting... Can you provide a pointer to the section in the XSLT spec
> where this is required?
>
> All I can see [1] is:
>
> "...The html output method should not perform escaping for the content of
> the script and style elements..."
> [1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-HTML-Output-Method>

Julian is right. Ignore my statement above, Ed.
I was thinking of URI-type attributes.
I'm getting confused in my old age.

Also of note, since there was a question about variables/RTFs:
http://www.w3.org/1999/11/REC-xslt-19991116-errata/ item E2.

It says if you're using d-o-e in a result tree fragment, it should work
for all copies you make of it.

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/