Re: [xsl] Beginner: adding xmlns:mml attribute

Subject: Re: [xsl] Beginner: adding xmlns:mml attribute
From: Roel Vanhout <roel@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2003 10:42:48 +0100
I'm surprised that it gives you anything at all. It's not well-formed:
there's no </xsl:template> end tag for the <xsl:template> that you
have. Assuming that the stylesheet you're actually using does have an
end tag,

Yes, you're right, I made mistake while copying the stylesheet, sorry. I did have the ending </xsl:template>.

What the stylesheet gives me, with Saxon 6.5.2, from an input document
with an empty <document> element, is:

Right, this is what seems to be causing problems: the processor. I was using xsltproc, and it didn't give me the xmlns part in the html tag. Saxon does. Which one is right? Can they both be right? Should I notify anyone of a bug?
Anyway, another difference between Saxon & xsltproc now shows up: if I put inside the <head></head> tags of my xsl sheet

<![CDATA[ <?import namespace="mml" implementation="#MathPlayer" ?> ]]>

and I process it with xsltproc, I get

<?import namespace="mml" implementation="#MathPlayer" ?>

in my output sheet, as I expected (maybe wrong so).

When I then process the same file with saxon, I get

&lt;?import namespace="mml" implementation="#MathPlayer" ?&gt;

which is not what I want :(
Which processor is right? What is the right way to do this?

which is close to what you're after, except that it has an extra
element in your stylesheet.

True, that was a mistake as well. I only want to use one form, obviously.

Thanks a lot for your input!

cheers,

roel