Re: [xsl] How do I validate against a schema?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I validate against a schema?
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 02:52:09 -0500

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 07:35 PM, Adrian wrote:

I am using the following script to check that a document entered on a form
is well formed, however I would also like to validate it against the
schema. Is there some way to do this? Everything I have seen so far only
appears to validate against DTDs.

What is "the schema"? What kind of schema is it? W3C XML Schema (I have seen shortened to WXS), Schematron, Relax NG ...?

Simon

Thanks Adrian

<script>
function f() {
var val = theform.doc.value;
var test = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
test.async = false;
test.loadXML(val);
err = test.parseError;
if (err != 0) {
ErrorMsg = "Your XML Document is not Well Formed.\n" +
err.srcText + "\n" + "Line " + err.line + ", Pos " +
err.linepos + "\n" + err.reason;
alert(ErrorMsg);
test = null;
event.returnValue = false;
}
}
</script>

---
     anti-spam: do not post this address publicly
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel