[xsl] How to Align Text in the Page Header?

Subject: [xsl] How to Align Text in the Page Header?
From: Mete Kural <metekural@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:56:26 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

I'm trying to align the text in the page header. There
are two pieces of text that need to go to the header:
chapter name and page number. I do this using markers.
I want to put both of these pieces of text on the same
line in the page header. I want to align the chapter
name to the left and the page number to the right. How
can I do this?

I tried the below, but it put the chapter name and
page number on different lines, not on the same line
of text. Here is my static-content element inside the
page-sequence:

<fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-before">
  <fo:block text-align="start">
    <fo:retrieve-marker
retrieve-class-name="chapter"/>
  </fo:block>