Re: [xsl] generating <a href="#section"> menus. Related to <xsl:for-each> and generate-id()

Subject: Re: [xsl] generating <a href="#section"> menus. Related to <xsl:for-each> and generate-id()
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:29:01 -0500
Actually I think that using numbering is a preferred solution, IDs aren't exactly human readable.

simon

On Tuesday, January 14, 2003, at 06:55 AM, Sherzod Ruzmetov wrote:

Hello list

If you visit http://author.handalak.com/xml/about.xml you will see that
the pages have table of contents for each page on the right column. They
refer to <sect> elements. Each section is being bookmarked with
<xsl:number count="sect" />.

I was woundering if the same effect could be achieve with generate-id()
instead.
I tried bookmarking the sections with <a name="{generate-id()}</a>, but
then couldn't figure out how to generated respective table of contents.

I just wanted to know if there are other prefered solutions for the
same problem.

---
     anti-spam: do not post this address publicly
www.simonwoodside.com -- 99% Devil, 1% Angel