RE: [xsl] Abbreviated Syntax

Subject: RE: [xsl] Abbreviated Syntax
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 15:07:11 -0000

>   Are there any advantages with  unabbreviated syntax ?

It's sometimes clearer, for example I sometimes use x[child::y] for
emphasis. I would expect most processors would handle the two syntaxes
identically - it's just possible that a processor might use some
optimization for "//a" that it doesn't use for
"/descendant-or-self::node()/a", but it's unlikely.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx