RE: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes

Subject: RE: [xsl] exclude-result-prefixes
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:28:14 -0000
The spec is sloppily worded. It says the value is "a list of namespace
prefixes" and then says it can include "#default"; but "#default"
clearly isn't a namespace prefix, and there is no way it could be
declared, so the error condition saying it must be declared clearly
doesn't apply to this case.

the wording is improved in 2.0:

The value of the attribute is a whitespace-separated list of tokens,
each of which is either a namespace prefix, or #default, or #all. The
namespace bound to each of the prefixes is designated as an excluded
namespace. It is a static error if there is no namespace bound to the
prefix on the element bearing the [xsl:]exclude-result-prefixes
attribute.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx