RE: [xsl] import entire tags

Subject: RE: [xsl] import entire tags
From: Johannes.Becker@xxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 13:34:08 +0100
Thank you all. Works fine.

Minor "source code"-problem:
But my XML data gets "produced" in an XSP-page in cocoon, and gets
retrieved from there.
The page source looks now like this:
      <option xmlns:xspdoc="http://apache.org/cocoon/XSPDoc/v1"; xmlns:esql
="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"; xmlns:xsp="http://apache.org/xsp";
xmlns:xsp-request="http://apache.org/xsp/request/2.0"; value
="17">blabla</option>

Is there a simple way (I mean "short code") to avoid this kind of output?

Thanks
Jonny

Something like this should be working.. See xsl:copy-of instruction.

| <select name="hello>
       <xsl:for-each select="hello/option">
|             <xsl:value-of select="."/>
|       </xsl:for-each>
| </select>

Element: <copy-of>
attributes: select
Standard excerpt:
The xsl:copy-of element can be used to insert a result tree fragment
into the result tree, without first converting it to a string as
xsl:value-of does (see [7.6.1 Generating Text with xsl:value-of]). The
required select attribute contains an expression. When the result of
evaluating the expression is a result tree fragment, the complete
fragment is copied into the result tree. When the result is a node-set,
all the nodes in the set are copied in document order into the result
tree; copying an element node copies the attribute nodes, namespace
nodes and children of the element node as well as the element node
itself; a root node is copied by copying its children. When the result
is neither a node-set nor a result tree fragment, the result is
converted to a string and then inserted into the result tree, as with
xsl:value-of.