RE: [xsl] XPath Problem.

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPath Problem.
From: Sandeep_Karandikar@xxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 15:22:03 -0600
Wendall,

I got that part correctly. It does return me the correct node-set. The
problem is using the subsequent code to filter that node-set.

			<xsl:for-each select="$TInfo-descendants">
				<xsl:variable name="all-preceding-TInfos"
select="preceding::TInfo"/>
				<!-- this variable collects all TInfos in
the document preceding this one -->
				<xsl:variable name="preceding-TInfos"
select="$TInfo-descendants[count(.|$all-preceding-TInfos) =
count($all-preceding-TInfos)]"/>
				<xsl:if test="@name =
$preceding-TInfos/@name">
					<!-- the test will only allow a
TInfo through that has a name not on one of  the preceding TInfos -->
					<xsl:call-template
name="ShowTInfo"/>
				</xsl:if>
			</xsl:for-each>

When I start walking down that node-set the preceding::TInfo is the step I
am baffled with. I want to select unique TInfo nodes in the
"TInfo-descendant nodesets. But this step selects all the TInfo nodes from
the document as against the nodeset.

I tried sorting but that gives me duplicate nodes. How do I remove those
duplicates and list only the unique ones ?

thanks for your help.

- Sandeep.