Re: [xsl] Conditional splitting of string with XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Conditional splitting of string with XSL
From: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:32:45 +0200
Mukul wrote:

<verylongtext>
longtextlongtextlongtext ongtextlongtextlongtextlon
textlongtextlongtextlongtex longtextlongtextlongte
tlongtextlongtextlongtextlongtext ongtextlongtext
ongtextlongte tlongtextlongtextlongtextlongtextlon
textlongtext ongtextlo gtextlongtext..can be very
long..
</verylongtext>

I want to write a XSL stylesheet which can split the
<verylongtext> data into multiple lines of 20
charcaters each. I need only 1st 3 lines after
splitting.

If there is a space character in data, then the split
needs to be done just before the space, and the space
character should be the <= 20th character..

Can anybody please help me with this problem.. Or is
this at all possible with XSL..? Will appreciate an
early reply..

Look at the archive, there were enough FXSL power demonstrations on this topic, e.g. http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200112/msg00651.html.

--
Oleg Tkachenko