Re: [xsl] Conditional splitting of string with XSL

Subject: Re: [xsl] Conditional splitting of string with XSL
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 01:10:51 -0800 (PST)
--- Mukul <mukulw3@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Dimitre,
> Thanks for your reply. I have to use Apache Xalan &
> Xerces parsers. Your program uses the syntax
> xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" . Would
> Microsoft specific namespace work with Apache XSLT
> engine? Your source also imports a file
> str-foldl.xsl.. Where can I find this file..?
>
> Regards,
> Mukul

Hi Mikul,

> Your program uses the syntax
> xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt" . Would
> Microsoft specific namespace work with Apache XSLT
> engine?

The only extension function used is the node-set() extension function.

For Xalan the

xmlns:msxsl="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xslt"

namespace definition must be substituted with:

xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan";

> Your source also imports a file
> str-foldl.xsl.. Where can I find this file..?

You have to download the Xalan edition of the FXSL library. The home
page of FXSL is at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/fxsl/

You'll find exactly this example in the strSplit-to-Lines.xsl module.

Please, contact me in case you have any problems.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.