Re: [xsl] XUpdate

Subject: Re: [xsl] XUpdate
From: Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heinicke@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 02:38:58 +0100
S Woodside wrote:
I'm considering XUpdate instead of XSLT for use to add elements to an existing XML instance document. I'll have an XPath and the element content as params, and the instance as input. I think XSLT would work OK, but it seems as though XUpdate offers a lot of convenience features I would have to write myself in XSLT to do the same thing.

However, I noticed that XUpdate had active development and chatter on the mailing list until early 2002 and then it died away. Is this a dead technology? Should I roll my own in XSLT instead?

No, it's not dead: http://www.xmldb.org/index.html. Maybe you only looked at the wrong archive. At Redhat.com this XSL-list seems to be dead too: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/xsl-list/.

Joerg