Re: [xsl] value of variable inside a condition doesn't work?

Subject: Re: [xsl] value of variable inside a condition doesn't work?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 19:47:37 -0700 (MST)

Roger Glover wrote:
> Hmmm, to me lazy evaluation implies that you evaluate as late and as
> infrequently as possible.

Sorry, you're both right; strike "don't" from my question.

http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?query=lazy+evaluation
explains further.

So I meant to ask which processors don't always evaluate f(x) to find out that
it's y, never remembering that f(x) *is* y for subsequent calls. For extension
functions, people often count on the evaluation having side-effects or
returning different results, so I'm interested to know which processors
will catch these people off-guard. I think XT might be one of them, IIRC.

Mike

--
  Mike J. Brown   |  http://skew.org/~mike/resume/
  Denver, CO, USA |  http://skew.org/xml/