RE: [xsl] xalan install newbie: NoClassDefFoundError

Subject: RE: [xsl] xalan install newbie: NoClassDefFoundError
From: "Roger Glover" <glover_roger@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:01:56 -0600
Jonathan Chetwynd wrote:

> many thanks, working now, perhaps it might be time to add this to the
> helpfiles?

> On Saturday, February 1, 2003, at 10:46 PM, Ivan Pedruzzi wrote:
>
> > The correct syntax on Windows is
> >
> > set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\xalan\bin\xalan.jar

This is a general "Java on Win32" question, so I seriously doubt there is a
place for it in the XSL FAQ.  But I think it would be an appropriate and
valuable addition here:
    http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/getstarted.html#classpath

or here:
    http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N10203

Maybe with a one-line or so example each for:
    o   Win32
            set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;C:\whereever\xalan.jar
            (or NT/2000/XP GUI procedure, mentioned in a
    o   UNIX/Linux sh/bash/ksh/etc.
            CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/whereever/xalan.jar
            export CLASSPATH    # should not be needed if
                                # CLASSPATH is already
                                # defined, but couldn't hurt
    o   UNIX/Linux csh/tcsh/etc.
            setenv CLASSPATH $CLASSPATH:/whereever/xalan.jar
    o   MacOS (before OS X)
            (someone else will have to supply this)

-- Roger Glover
   glover_roger@xxxxxxxxx