Re: [xsl] Generating IDs and seperating elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generating IDs and seperating elements
From: "Charles White" <chuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 20:31:16 -0800
-> but with ###3 even if there is call-template
> mentioned.. it works fine for one.(generates ids) but
> I want to use the same id that has been generated at
> other place where there is tempperid. what should I
> type over there so that the same id that I am
> generating can be used at ####2

Just call the template again? Unless I don't understand the question. In
other words, you can call the template as often as you need it. You can also
store a value in a variable. That value can be the result of a generate-id()
function, and you can use it instead, although I am assuming you have a
specific reason for generating your own ids.

> ###1 still not known :(

I didn't really understand what you were asking with ###1, so maybe you
could rephrase your question?

Cheers,

Chuck White
Author, Mastering XSLT, Sybex Books