Re: [xsl] a quick question re:   html entity

Subject: Re: [xsl] a quick question re:   html entity
From: Marco Guazzone <sguazt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 09:29:49 +0100 (CET)
Hi,
my advice is to use a numerical entity; so for "&nbsp;" you could just
write
"&#x20;".
An alternative, if you prefer to write it in a symbolic way you can:
1) add <!ENTITY > declaration in the DTD of your sheet
2) you can create a named template like this:
   <xsl:template name="ent:nbsp">
      <xsl:text>&#x20;</xsl:text>
3) AVOID THIS: use xsl:text with 'disable-output-escaping="yes"' attribute
   and do this: <xsl:text
disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[&nbsp;]]></xsl:text>
   but this way is NOT THE RIGHT ONE.
   THINK TWICE BEFORE USING disable-output-escaping :))
Hope this helps!
Regards,

--------------------------------
Marco Guazzone