RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable c annot be resolved.

Subject: RE: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable c annot be resolved.
From: "Kienle, Steven C [IT/0200]" <steven.c.kienle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 11:39:36 -0500
> Then it must take a *lot* of C language history understanding to make that
> statement intuitive.  Dennis Ritchie, creator of the C language, once said
> that this was the most common error that *he* makes when programming in C.

Understanding and not making the error are two entirely different
animals.... Which kind of reinforces my point.  C is a language that grew,
supposedly intuitively, as a "better assembler."  If these sorts of errors
are cased by "intuitive" languages, give me a logical one any day.

That being said, the use of the name "variable" in XSLT was perhaps not the
best name for the element.