[xsl] XHTML to Xforms converter

Subject: [xsl] XHTML to Xforms converter
From: Ted Stresen-Reuter <tedmasterweb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:43:58 -0600
Hi,

Has anyone thought of, or know of, a style sheet for converting XHTML documents containing forms into a Xforms documents?

(for reference: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/)

I was thinking it would be a great way to allow designers to focus on the presentation layer while allowing programmers to focus on the processing of the form data.

I realize that the source XHTML document might not, in fact, be a valid XHTML document (because it would need to contain elements and attributes that provide hints on how the data should be processed), but it might make for a very useful tool.

Also, any suggestions on how to merge the data coming in from a submit action in a browser with the XHTML "template" (on the server, that is)?

I'm getting really, really tired of mixing my program code with presentation code. It's far too time-consuming to maintain!

Ted Stresen-Reuter