Re: [xsl] Can one _generate_ namespace nodes?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can one _generate_ namespace nodes?
From: Joseph Kesselman <keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 10:02:22 -0500
Quoth the distinguished Mr. Kay:
>In XSLT 2.0 there is an <xsl:namespace> instruction designed to fill
>this gap.

Ah. So it's a known hole, being fixed. I can live with that.

>In XSLT 1.0 the usual circumvention is to create an RTF containing the
>required namespace node, and then copy it (which requires xx:node-set):

Since this is a pedagogical example, I'd rather avoid extensions, even
widely supported ones.

So it looks like <xsl:element/> may be my best alternative. Or starting
with aliases, and switching to <xsl:element> later in the article, to
illustrate both solutions.

Many thanks, everyone. Just needed to be sure I wasn't missing anything
obvious before I went ahead and published!

(BTW, current plan is for the article, or article series, to go into
DeveloperWorks. Not yet sure what the publication date(s) will be.)