Re: [xsl] Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XPath 2.0
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 22:24:14 +0100
Américo Albuquerque wrote:
I have the feeling that a group of people has the goal of making XSLT a ridiculous language.
If they are, they only make that most users continue to use xslt1.0 and
that xslt2.0 might have the same fate of the xslt1.1

Which is a pity. BTW 1.1 was discontinued by the WG, I'm not aware it fell onto hard grounds on the user's side.

Why can't we have xsl:result-document, xsl:function, a
bunch of useful XPath functions and get rid of RTF without
all the NEW! and ENHANCED! PSVI dependent and other
grammar-changing XPath stuff? I can't see much of a
dependency.

J.Pietschmann