Re: [xsl] OMR Mark for folding machine

Subject: Re: [xsl] OMR Mark for folding machine
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:44:15 +0100
Yates, Danny (ANTS) wrote:
I am guessing now, but I would suggest you need at least 4-8 times as much
memory as the size of your file, especially if using FOP to do page
numbering
and things like this.
It depends. Page numbering in itself is *not* the problem, the problem
are forward references. See FAQ:
 http://xml.apache.org/fop/faq.html#faq-N10139
There are a few more memory leaks not mentioned there, but they should
not occur in reports (well, links may be of some importance: they may
lock large amounts of memory until the page sequence is completely
processed).

I would also suggest the Linux is likely to be more efficient than Windows
(at least it's likely to offer better memory management and have a smaller
footprint).
While Linux has same advantages over Win2K in the areas mentioned,
this does not mean the Linux JDKs are more efficient than their
Windows counterparts. I made some observations which are more favorable
for Windows, but YMMV.

J.Pietschmann