Re: [xsl] Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: The Perils of Sudden Type-Safety in XSLT 2.0
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:09:56 +0000
Hi Bryan,

bryan wrote:

You say it's
wrong, that it is in fact an Urban Myth, this implies in some way (due
to the slipperiness of language) that Microsoft is not a strong
proponent of these things, is not exerting influence to get it done. Now
I'm wondering why in the world this particular Urban Myth would arise?

I think this is misreading his words - "a change as significant as this cannot be made if only one member organisation supports it, and that is certainly not the case in this instance" - suggests to me that the correct reading is that MS may support the change but, contrary to the urban myth, so do others.

Francis.

--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson