[xsl] Transform 2 XML Documents at Once?

Subject: [xsl] Transform 2 XML Documents at Once?
From: Ted Stresen-Reuter <tedmasterweb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:15:31 -0600
Hi,

Is it possible to "merge" two XML documents using one XSL document in one pass?

I have an XHTML document that represents the "display" and an XML document that represents the "data".

The XHTML document has a FORM element that is used to capture data when it is entered into the database. I'd like to reuse this XHTML document for displaying the data once it's been entered (to confirm that it was entered).

However, I want to transform INPUT (and other FORM elements) into P elements while setting the text node of the P element to the corresponding data in the other XML file (which is really just an XML representation of the posted data).

I realize I could break it down into two steps (1: transform the XHTML document into an XSL document, 2: transform the posted data with the new XSL document), but creating the XSL document for step 1 just seems like more than I am prepared to do and I'm looking for a shortcut.

As always, thank you in advance. The help on this list has been great and as I get more proficient, I hope to contribute answers in addition to asking questions.

Sincerely,

Ted Stresen-Reuter