[xsl] RE: Transform in browser (was:No Subject)

Subject: [xsl] RE: Transform in browser (was:No Subject)
From: cknell@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 13:08:54 -0500
> From:     "Pilarski,James" <James.Pilarski@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> I was wondering if there was any way for me to change the text
> in the <AccessedDate> element without effecting any of the other.
> elements or attributes.  Unfortunately, the current system's
> structure does not allow me to transform the XML, save, and
> redisplay it in the browser.  What I need to do is get the new
> Accessed Date from another node in the XML (I have assigned this
> to a variable already, $NewDate) and set the <AccessedDate>
> element equal to the $NewDate variable.

As I see it, you have two choices:
1) Do a second transformation (client-side) after you have loaded the page.

2) Use DOM scripting techniques to alter the text node.

Both of these involve client-side scripting, and so are off-topic for the list. If no one else comes up with a better suggestion, please feel free to contact me off-list to discuss the particulars.
--
Charles Knell
cknell@xxxxxxxxxx - email