Re: [xsl] XSLT Consulting Market?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Consulting Market?
From: hnorris norris <hnorrisalt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 18:02:14 -0800 (PST)
Adam & Brian -

Thanks very much for your in-depth replies - really
appreciated!  I got very interested in XSLT when I
decided to create a totally interactive J2EE
application front end using XLST and Apache ECS to
dynamically generate my entire HTML user interface
from my Java code :

(bean processing logic --> ECS XML packaging --> apply
XSL transforms from within Java --> XHTML )

I found this approach vastly more flexible and far
less code than using JSPs or other technology.  So I'm
surprised that XLST isn't used much more widely - I'm
guessing that the relatively steep learning curve to
using its more sophisticated and powerful capabilities
is primarily what is impeding its mainstream adoption.

- Holten