RE: [xsl] Conversions for PeopleSoft input

Subject: RE: [xsl] Conversions for PeopleSoft input
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 17:18:38 -0500
[ Shoe, Bridget ]
> Thanks Tom,
> 	The only tool that I have available is the PeopleSoft
> Message Monitor,
> which accepts the message and runs an application engine
> program that only
> contains the XSLT to convert the message.  All it tells me is
> the following:
> XSLT unexpected error: Could not construct output XML.

You would not get an xslt error just because you selected the wrong
context node.   Probably there is a well-formedness error (not legal
XML, in other words) in the stylesheet.  Take the whole xslt document
and check it with any parser or xml application.  That should tell you
if it is well-formed.  rxp is a good parser that runs on almost
anything.

If it is well-formed, you probably have an error in the xslt-ness of the
stylesheet.  Run it through a stand-alone xslt processor, like Saxon
(use some simple dummy xml file as the source to be transformed), and
see if you get useful error messages. (You can also do this to check the
well-formedness).

> Thanks for your help (knowing that the translation is valid
> XSLT is lot's of
> help).

Cheers,

Tom P