RE: [xsl] 2 XML source

Subject: RE: [xsl] 2 XML source
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:46:23 +0200
> every day i get approx. 100 XML files like 030312_01.xml (XML name =
> date+position) and i want to have only one XSL :-)
> Because every day other application creates 100's of xml
> files from which i
> need to filter some data out of these files. As you said in
> your mail that
> to incorporate the xml file names into the XSL File, i think
> in my case it
> is difficult to type all the file names into the XSL File. So
> in this case I
> request some other solution which suite my need given above.
> maybe is easily make a C program who integreate the 100 xml
> files in other
> one.
> Is there a way to make C or C++ program.

Write a program in C or C++ that generates a directory listing in XML, e.g.

  <dir basedir="/tmp">
    <file name="030312_01.xml" />
  </dir>

and in the XSLT processing give the directory listing as the input document, and process every file entry by retrieving the corresponding XML file by using e.g.

  document(concat('file://', ../@basedir, '/', @name))

and combine them.

Cheers,

Jarno - Hypnoskull: electronic music means war to us (v4)