RE: [xsl] xsl:if problem

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:if problem
From: Américo Albuquerque <aalbuquerque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:35:40 -0000
Hi Craig

That depends on what you mean by 'content'
If 'content' means 'any thing below BlockBody' then just do
<xsl:if test="normalize-space(node())">
</xsl:if>
This is to skip nodes like:
<BlockBody>
</BlockBody>

If 'content' means 'any text below BlockBody' then your test becomes
alittle different
<xsl:if test="not(normalize-space(.)='')">
</xsl:if>

> everything is output to the file. if there is no content in
> the "BlockBody" node in the XML file, the xsl skips the
> BlockBody output, yet outputs the <HR> and <A> link.
> ex:
> <xsl:template match="BlockBody">
> 	<xsl:if test="BlockBody!=''">

Here you are testing if the child BlockBody of your BlockBody has no
text