Re: [xsl] Hmmmm.... translate function

Subject: Re: [xsl] Hmmmm.... translate function
From: mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:04:59 -0800
You could just use 3 translate functions in a row.  Instead of this:

<xsl:value-of select="translate($div,'+','%2B')/>

Use this:

 <xsl:value-of select="translate($div, '+', '%')"/><xsl:value-of select
="translate($div, '+', '2')"/><xsl:value-of select="translate($div, '+',
'B')"/>

Mark Fletcher
PeopleSoft Language Engineering
925.694.3753
mark_fletcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Karl Stubsjoen"
                      <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>              To:       xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                          cc:
                      owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:  Re: [xsl] Hmmmm.... translate function
                      rrytech.com

                      03/14/2003 11:45 AM
                      Please respond to xsl-list

> Translate is on character basis, that is translating the character on
> the 2nd string to the character on the same position on the 3rd string.
> More characters you provide on 3rd string will just be ignored.
> Seems there's no convinient function in xsl to be found to solve your
> problem. You may want to combine substring-before and substring-after
> functions.

Err... that stinks.

What about:  is there some sort of encoding translation device, as in
encode
text for a specified type.  See my prblem is, the + symbol as part of a
querystring is interpretid as a space... so I need to encode it '%2B' when
generate the HREF.

Thanks.  Karl