RE: [xsl] Just the first 'x' elements within a for-each

Subject: RE: [xsl] Just the first 'x' elements within a for-each
From: "Dunning, John" <JDunning@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:17:14 -0500
Try:

<xsl:template match="root">
	<xsl:for-each select="element_to_test">
		<xsl:choose>
			<xsl:when test="position() &lt; 3">
				<!-- do processing -->
			</xsl:when>
			<!-- trap and do nothing -->
			<xsl:otherwise />
		</xsl:choose>
	</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:template>

HTH,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: Simon.Fairey@xxxxxx [mailto:Simon.Fairey@xxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 11:57 AM
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xsl] Just the first 'x' elements within a for-each

Hi,

I've tried numerous connotations of for-each loops, recursive functions
etc but for the life of me I can't seem to get something which will only
print/process the first 'x' (in my case x is 2) elements and then bail out
of the for-each or just simply ignore the remaining ones found.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Si