[xsl] Integrating Multiple Stylesheets and XSL transformations

Subject: [xsl] Integrating Multiple Stylesheets and XSL transformations
From: "bix xslt" <bix_xslt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:50:48 +0000
All,

I am looking for a way to produce an integrated environment which utilizes a series of xsl transformations over a single xml document to produce a compact, browsable view.

For example, in a typical HTML layout, I might have something like this:

+------+-----------------+
|      |      path       |
|      +-----------------+
|      |                 |
| menu |                 |
|      |      data       |
|      |                 |
|      |                 |
+------+-----------------+

I might want to see the end result of the menu:
- top
 - sub1
     sub11
     sub12
   sub2
 - sub3
     sub31
     sub32
     sub33
   sub4

If I am at sub32, the path would look like:

top -> sub3 -> sub32

And the data would contain information about sub32.

Each of the items above would also contain hyperlinks with a script that updates the other views (i.e. clicking on sub3 on the menu would update the data and path portions).

I am looking for an example of this type of integration.

I have been working backwards at this point, and I already have individual xsl files that can easily translate a given .xml file into the desired output. But I'm a little lost as to how to integrate the xsl files into one cohesive environment.

If anyone has done this type of an integration or knows of a place I can start learning more about it, I would love to learn more about how it was done.

Thanks!
bix