RE: [xsl] Re: Re: how to select elements in a given namespace?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Re: Re: how to select elements in a given namespace?
From: "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:42:06 -0500
[Dimitre Novatchev]

> "Passin, Tom" <tpassin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> > Right - I tried on my copy of xpathtester and could not
> persuade it to
> > learn the namespace.  Dimitre's tool works fine, though.
>
> Sometimes I'm wondering if this "cleverness" of the tool was
> really the
> right decision -- one can get accustomed to being served and
> could forget to
> specify the namespace in his/her stylesheet.
>
> While the Xpath Visualizer spoils the user in this, the main
> purpose was to
> allow as many features of XPath (and some of XSLT) to be made
> available, as
> possible. As we see in the example with xpathtester, the
> other alternative
> does not give the user the possibility to practice certain
> types of XPath
> expressions with namespaces.

My preference is to have the tool do the most desired thing
automatically but allow me to override it if I want.  Could you do that?
The default behavior would be the same as it is now and there would be
some way to find out what the tool had done.  Then, if I wanted to, I
could remove the namespace declaration(s) altogether or just change
it/them.

Feasible without too much hassle for you?

Regards,

Tom P