RE: [xsl] xsl:Key

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:Key
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 19:32:03 -0000
> I have done some tests : Saxon is really faster than Xalan.
> I know that they are two different tree implementations in
> Saxon. The use of tinytree seems to decrease the performance
> whereas results are really "good" with tree implementation.

I'm very interested if you have an example that shows the (full) tree
outperforming the tinytree, because I have had difficulty finding such
examples myself. The tinytree usually wins because it is faster to
build, and uses less memory: in principle the full tree should be faster
if you keep it in memory and use it often enough to pay for the extra
build cost.

> Are Key's implementation different?

No, the key implementation in the two cases is identical.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx
work: Michael.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx