[xsl] display special html chars right with xsl

Subject: [xsl] display special html chars right with xsl
From: "Christian Ruppert" <ChristianRuppert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 23:57:15 +0100
Hello,
i´ve some kind of (newbie) problem...

I already new, if i want to include a special char in the value of an
element or of an attr. i need to write &amp; instead of & and so on..

But how do I solve this problem:

<help>
<des> Math symbol for infinity </des>
<symb> &infin; </symb>
</help>

This will cause an error, so I changed it to

<help>
<des> Math symbol for infinity </des>
<symb> &amp;infin; </symb>
</help>

No problem so far, if I display it with XSL
<xsl:value-of select="des"/> <br>
<xsl:value-of select="symb"/>
RESULT:

Math symbol for infinity
 &infin;

But how is it possible to get the browser display the symbol for the second
line, and not the text.. (I´m not completely sure how the parser works, but
i need some kind of "tread_as_html_code function", like if I write a <br> or
other html stuff direct in the xsl file..

Thanks
Christian