Re: [xsl] Ampersand problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] Ampersand problem
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 16:01:19 GMT

   > Simon Kelly wrote:
   > > Not sure exactly how to implement this, but &#26 is the &
   > (I think, this is
   > > the ascii number anyway) just use that where you absolutely
   > need to insert a
   > > single & in the output.
   >

   > Ampersand in Unicode is &#38 according to this website...

   I think Simon meant &#x26 (hex), which is &#38 (decimal).
   Lars

But it won't work anyway as these, like &amp; will put an ampersand
character into the result tree. This character will be linearised as
&amp; (or &#x26; or &#38; or any other equivalent expression that the
XSLT system implements) when the result tree is written out as an XML
(or HTML) document.

David